Friday, April 13, 2012

An Inbetween Post - Inspiration

So, in the earlier stages of this project, I had done a bit of research involving existing iPad apps for parents with small children. By and large, I found apps that were meant for the children, not the parents. These apps are opened and the iPad/iPhone is handed off to the child to play as a game. In that way, these apps are different from what I am creating. BUT. They are relevant and informative. And I forgot to document them here earlier. Whoops.


Preschool: 15 in 1 Kids Pack






Zoo Train



One thing that I enjoyed about the Zoo Train app was that it specifically stated that there was no social networking or data collection and no way to make in-app purchases. This is not necessarily something that my app shares, but the fact that this is made clear from the beginning pleases me, and I imagine it would be a relief for a parent. I attempted to look into whether this was some sort of children's app standard or rule, but from what I could tell it was something specific to this application. I could be wrong though.



Letters A to Z for the iPad from True Learning



 Clean and well rendered, but there's not a lot to do on this app. It is essentially an interactive alphabet. Fun to click, pretty to look at, but doesn't do much else. But hey, it doesn't take kids much to stay entertained.

No comments:

Post a Comment